CrossFit Workouts for Beginners
The CrossFit methodology of working out is a relatively new concept. It helps in working out the body in different ways. Let us have a look at some of the CrossFit workouts for beginners in the article below.
Use of CrossFit workouts is aimed at enhancing the overall health. These workout routines incorporate various forms of exercises like sprinting, weightlifting, gymnastics, etc. The different areas of fitness in which CrossFit workouts operate are stamina, endurance, flexibility, strength, balance, power, agility, speed, accuracy and coordination. The workouts incorporated in CrossFit are useful for enhancing work capacity of the body in different areas mentioned above. These workouts help in bringing about hormonal and neurologic adaptations. The methodology of working out has been both appreciated and criticized by people. Promoters of CrossFit cite these above mentioned pros of this methodology of working out. Critics on the other hand consider exercising in this manner as unscientific. Studying the underlying principles of CrossFit is therefore important. Let us have a look at some of the CrossFit workouts for beginners through this article.
CrossFit Workouts for Beginners
The CrossFit workouts incorporate different types of exercises. Various exercises included in CrossFit routines make them very useful in working out the different body parts. CrossFit workouts for women and men do not differ much. Methodology of CrossFit doesn't categorize a particular form of workout in certain type or section. One has to perform these exercises on the basis of degree to which he/she can stretch the body. These exercises help the body to become strong and flexible at the same time. The knowledge of CrossFit exercises at home should also be of help to readers.
CrossFit Workout Routine
The following CrossFit workouts for beginners would give an idea about this methodology of exercising. It is performed on 3 alternate days of the week viz. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
• On the first day i.e. Monday, the exercises to be performed include the following: push ups (40); standing long jumps (10), dumbbell swings (20), squats with hands on hips (40) and at last, skipping the rope for 3 minutes. The exercises mentioned above should be repeated after resting for 3 minutes.
• The workout routine for Wednesday should be as follows: dumbbell thrusters (20), pull ups (20), kettlebell snatches (10 for each hand) and overhead squats (20). All the exercises should be repeated after a gap of 3 minutes.
• The following workouts should be performed on Friday: deadlifts (40), burpee with push ups (20), lunges with arm curls (20), sprinting in place for 1 minute and doing push presses with barbell (20). These workouts need to be repeated after resting for 3 minutes.
Two-Week CrossFit Workout Routine
One can also think about following the 2-week routine for CrossFit workout given below. This workout schedule is set for 5 days of the week, which spans from Monday to Friday. It is advisable to rest on Saturdays and Sundays; details are presented below.
The workouts for 5 days of a week are given below, in a step-by-step manner.
- One should go for a 400 m run on the first day, followed by performing 10 squats. This workout pattern should be repeated once more before retiring for the day.
- Intensity of the workouts has to be increased a bit on Tuesday. Eight hundred meters of jogging should warm up the body properly for workouts. One should perform 4 rounds of push ups (6), pull ups (3) and squats (9). The exercise routine should end with an 800 m jogging exercise - used for cooling down.
- On Wednesday, warm up exercises should include the jumping jacks (30) and slow squats (10). Main exercise of this routine includes 10 sit ups and push ups each. As many rounds as possible of sit ups and push ups need to be performed within 15 minutes.
- Workouts for Thursday are similar to those performed on Monday. One has to run 400 m and do 10 squats thereafter. These exercises should be repeated twice. The entire workout should end with an 800 m walk.
- On this final day of the week, as many rounds as possible of pull ups (2), push ups (5) and squats (8) need to be performed within 15 minutes.
In the second week, exercises performed for days starting from Monday to Thursday should be same as that in the week 1. On Friday, however, the workouts need to be changed a little bit. Along with pull ups, push ups and squats, sit ups should also be added to the list. Twenty-five repetitions of all the workouts mentioned above should be performed.
These games are used to test the participants for their physical strength, agility, flexibility, endurance and in short, all-round fitness. Such games are conducted at local as well as international levels.
The CrossFit workouts for beginners presented above would help in understanding how to set a routine for these exercises. As per the critics of CrossFit, exercises included in this method lack in terms of periodization and accreditation standards. As per the arguments that support CrossFit methodology, these workout routines are scheduled in a safe and sensible manner. Moreover, individual needs also are taken into account. Thus, one should go for CrossFit workouts under proper guidance, knowhow of exercises and understand their effect on the body.
Disclaimer for Cwebnews: Cwebnews advises the reader to conduct online research about the reviews of this method of training and decide whether it is safe for them as well as consulting with their doctor and or certified personal trainer.